It is the goal of the Spanish-American Institute of International Education (SAIIE) to make studying abroad and participating on the SAIIE study abroad program more financially attainable for UW-Oshkosh students through these scholarships.
SAIIE offers every spring and fall term, UW-Oshkosh students the chance to win scholarships worth up to $1,500 for their semester abroad on the SAIIE program, during the summer sessions $300 per session, and $500 if a student is enrolled in both sessions. We also offer UW-Oshkosh students a scholarship worth $300 for our winterim term.
Eligible students must:
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- be a full-time degree-seeking Oshkosh student in the semester preceding and following the education abroad experience.
- be participating on the SAIIE education abroad program for at least one semester or short term session (summer or winterm term).
- agree to volunteer at one education abroad events (e.g. education abroad fair, presentations) and to serve as an Education Abroad Ambassador or Global Amigo for one semester following their international experience.
- Write a weekly blog (once a week if you’re here for one semester, twice a week if you’re here for a short term) during their stay here, talking about their experience with SAIIE and Seville. The other option is to post photos on our SAIIE Instagram account (saiiesevilla) on a daily basis from Monday - Friday.
To apply for the scholarship, students must submit the following:
- submit the scholarship application form. Please click here to download form.
- submit a one page (ariel 11) well written and grammatically correct scholarship essay answering the following questions: Why do you want to study abroad? What is your financial need? Why SAIIE?.
- submit one letter of recommendation for the scholarship from a teacher. Please click here to download form.
All materials must be received by SAIIE before the deadline for the applicant to be considered. Scholarship deadlines are as follows:
Fall term: June 1
Spring term: October 15
Winterim term: November 1
Summer: April 1
The SAIIE Education Abroad Scholarship will be awarded on a competitive basis and the SAIIE selection committee will most strongly consider applicants:
Academic performance and financial need.
Please note: All applicants will be notified of scholarship decisions 2-3 weeks after the scholarship application deadline.
Spanish-American Institute of International Education
C/Cuesta del Rosario 8, 3 planta